Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is a common treatment for the condition of hypogonadism or low T. Testosterone levels peak in adolescence and gradually decrease by 1% each year after the age of 40. For some men, their testosterone levels decrease too fast leaving them with frustrating symptoms like low libido, erectile dysfunction, loss of muscle mass and depression.
For clients who come to us with these symptoms and their bloodwork shows their testosterone is lower than it should be, we begin testosterone replacement therapy to bring their levels back to normal. While TRT comes in many forms, we prefer testosterone injections as our method of choice for a number of reasons.
Benefits of TRT Injections
While TRT can be administered through gels, patches, pellets or injections, our experience shows that injections are the best method of treatment for the following reasons:
- Effective and Works Fast: The testosterone injection is administered directly into the muscle. This allows your dose to be absorbed into your bloodstream quickly allowing you to feel the benefit of your testosterone replacement therapy faster.
- Control over Dosage: Injectable testosterone replacement therapy allows our doctors to easily adjust your testosterone dosage to achieve the levels that are right for you. The ability to control dosage will allow you to achieve healthy testosterone ranges faster unlike other forms, such as patches or pellets, that make it harder to adjust the amount of testosterone.
- Fast and Easy: We administer testosterone injections once a week to our patients. The appointments typically take a total of 15 to 20 minutes and you are all set for the rest of the week. Most of our clients come by on their way to or from work or on their lunch break.
- Less Risk to Others: Gels and creams stay on the skin and there is risk of others accidentally coming into contact with it. This is especially true for women and children that can have negative consequences from coming into contact with testosterone medication. With testosterone injections there is no risk of spreading testosterone to others around you.
- Better Gain in Muscle and Strength: A recent study showed that testosterone injections resulted in greater gains of lean muscle mass and strength compared to testosterone gels and creams.
- Lower Cardiovascular Risk: A recent meta-analysis shows that any potential cardiovascular risk related to TRT is minimized using testosterone injections compared to oral or transdermal treatment (patches, creams, gels).
If you suspect you may be experiencing symptoms of low testosterone, schedule an appointment to check your testosterone levels and see if testosterone therapy is right for you. Learn more about testosterone therapy by visiting this informational page on testosterone therapy treatment. Testosterone injections are just one method of treating Low T and we will work with you to find the best option for you and your lifestyle. Dr. Evans and his team of experts have been treating low testosterone in Scottsdale, Phoenix, Tempe, Glendale and Avondale AZ for the past 20 years and can work with you to help you feel like a man again! Book your appointment today!
- FILTER BY CATEGORY
- Internal Medicine & Primary Care
- Medical Weight Loss
- Suboxone Treatment
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy
Find a Men's Vitality Center Near You
We pride ourselves on being a comprehensive Internal Medicine practice that specializes in Male Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT), Women's Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), Adult Internal Medicine and Opiate Addiction Treament near you.
3 Locations Valley-Wide to Best Serve You. Select a Clinic Below for Location Details & Google Reviews